Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Initiative #2--THE INVISIBLE MAZE

I loved this initiative. I felt so happy at the end when we finished them. This was much more successful than the human knot. I did the invisible maze before in freshman year with m gym class and it took us forever to accomplish it. We worked together so well. The no talking part of the first one made it a little more difficult but we got through it. I was very mush an active participant in figuring out the maze. There was a group of about ten of us who worked together to figure out the maze. The others just stood around and watched. It was much easier looking at the puzzle from the outside in. I liked telling people where they should try moving to rather then being inside the maze and having people tell me where to move. I did not rely on anybody for help while making my way through the maze because since I was paying attention I had memorized the maze. The group was able to accomplish this task very well because we accomplished the maze twice in the time allotted. The difference between the non talking maze and the talking maze is that even though we couldn't talk, we did better in the non talking one because people weren't yelling out where they wanted you to move you could make the choice yourself. But there wasn't a huge difference between the 2 mazes (talking vs. not talking). I very much enjoyed this activity because we worked together very well and we made it through the maze twice.

3 comments:

  1. I was also happy when we finished the maze I felt that all are hardwork paid off. I dont agree with the non talking maze being easier. I felt that it was easier to talk because we got to listen to others peoples ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i felt that we worked good together too and got it done easily

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that it was really successful that we were able to make it through the maze twice. i never did this activity before so i didn't realize that it could be really hard for some groups. i also agree that we actually worked better together when we couldn't talk

    ReplyDelete