Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1-- Opening Thoughts

1. Three people that are considered to be effective leaders are Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, and my mother. MLK Jr. is an effective leader because he had a huge following by just speaking his thoughts and wanting to make a difference. He believed he could change the country and people saw that in him so that's why they followed him. Gandhi is a great leader because he gave the Indians freedom from British control without using aggression and weapons. People followed him because he spoke about what the people thought. My mother is an effective leader because she is the has one of the highest jobs in the county and people look up to her because she is a very successful woman in the county and she did it all by herself with no help and I look up to her

2.Some personal characteristics that these leaders posses that i would like to have in myself are strong, independent and brave.

3. To me leadership means being able to take the initiative and make a change. To be a leader people have to be able to listen to what you have to say and changing something you believe in.

4.Seriously, I only took this course for credit. But I do feel like we can really help a cause and make a difference and make people aware of what goes on outside of the walls of Penfield High School. I hope to gain the characteristics of being a great leader because when I get older and get a job I will need to posses those qualities so if i get them earlier in life it will help me in the long run.

5.Today in the initiative I feel that I didn't contribute at all because I didn't put in ideas or try to help. Jake was taking over and being a great leader. I felt that it wouldn't help with more people talking and trying to figure out what to do. Many people did nothing the entire time, so i do feel like I helped more than they did. I am mostly a follower but I can be a leader if I have to be put into that situation. I can be a really effective leader if I need to be one. I think in the future I will voice my opinions and what i think more often instead of just keeping it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment