Many people believe that leadership is to make a change. I use to believe to be a leader you have to be a successful person. My views on leadership have done a complete 180. I now see that anyone can be a leader and they don’t necessarily be successful, they just have to be determine and work towards a common goal together. The definition of leadership is that leadership is a relational process of people working together to accomplish change or to make a difference that will benefit the common good. I only partly agree with that definition because I feel that you don’t have to make a difference to be a leader you just have try your hardest and make an effort towards making a difference.
All people should study leadership. They should because people use it in everyday situations. I know in the jobs I want to pursue after college all have to have leaders in the highest positions. I would like to go into political science and business (especially human resources) and I would definitely have to be a leader. If I did go into politics leadership is an important quality for it because people wouldn’t support me if I couldn’t prove to be an effective leader. I would need to study leadership for business because if I wanted to be a business leader people would have to have the other people I work with be willing to be followers under me. Leadership is even good to have in your own household because if you don’t act like a leader some people will just walk all over you and expect too much from you.
I hope to learn how to be a leader in group of peers. Sometimes I am afraid to speak up in a large group of people because I don’t want people to think of what I say as a stupid comment or something that don’t make sense. I would not want people to make fun or judge me based on what I said. I really would love to gain more confidence and support what I say with the great ideas to back it up. Leadership is major part to be a successful person later in life, in your job and in your community. With a leader you can make changes and differences you believe in while having a positive say in what you are doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment